I finished the hat for Leon's set while we were on the first part of our holiday, so Skip took this photo, which I love.
The rest of the set I knit over the rest of the holiday. Lots and lots of one by one rib! Because of this I knit the entire set flat. The main detail that I love is that I used a tubular cast on and cast off. I love the way this looks, like the edge just sort of wraps around. The only issue is that it is mean to be a super stretchy cast on/off and, particularity on the mitts, it really isn't as stretchy as I expected.
I've had a couple of people ask me how I did the scarf - it's just intasia. So, I cast on 16 stitches in the main colour, 8 in the Noro (contrast colour) and then 32 using another ball of the main colour. Then I just did one by one rib forever, making sure to wrap the yarn at each colour change. It was simple enough, but I did feel like I spent as much time untangling the yarn as I did knitting.
The mitts I also knit flat and then sewed up, leaving a gap for the thumbs. I then picked up stitches for the thumbs and cast off using the tubular method, which I think I'll have to redo for the thumbs because its a bit tight. Other than that, I'm very happy with set, and I hope Leon is too.